ICLEI World Congress 2018 in Montreal:
Circular Change invited to participate in jury for Climate CoLab’s Circular Economy contest
ICLE – Local governments for sustainability is an international organization of more than 1.500 local governments and national and regional local government organizations that have made a commitment to sustainable development. The annual ICLEI World Congress, one of the largest and most important events in sustainable development for cities worldwide will take place in Montreal, Canada on June 19-22 2018.
CC’s director Ladeja has been invited to the congress to give a keynote speech in a high-level session for mayors from ICLEI’s network and several renowned CE experts. Moreover, she was invited to serve in the panel of judges who will decide on the winners of the international contest co-organised by ICLEI and Ville de Montréal with the purpose of generating innovative solutions that could facilitate the transition of cities and neighbourhoods towards a circular economy. For this purpose, ICLEI are partnering with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Climate CoLab, an open problem-solving platform where a growing community of over 90,000 people – including hundreds of the world’s leading experts on climate change and related fields – work on and evaluate plans to solve climate change challenges.
The panel of judges will include:
- Annerieke Douma – Director Program and Business Development, Circle Economy
- Ladeja Godina Košir – Founder and Executive Director, Circular Change platform and Co-author of the upcoming circular economy roadmap for Slovenia
- Josée Chiasson – Director of the Economic Development Branch, City of Montreal
- Sonia Gagné – Présidente-directrice générale par intérim, Recyc Québec
- Caroline Cyr – Chargé de project, EDDEC Institute
- Catherine Fazio – Director, Lab for Innovation Science, MIT Innovation Initiative (tbc)
Learn more about MIT’s Climate CoLab: